life | about me & blogging

This is the first part of three posts in which i answer all of your questions. If you didn't ask yours, feel free to do so!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What are you studying?
I study Lifestyle&Design at the Willem de Kooning Academy in Rotterdam, it’s hard to describe what exactly i’m taught there so i’ll send you to this page.

What do you want to do after college?
I’m pretty sure i want to work at a magazine as a fashion editor (preferably one such as Lula or Oyster) but i don’t know which paths life has planned for me so we will see.

Why did you decide to create a fashion blog?
That was around five years ago, when i was 14. I stumbled upon several swedish blogs and i figured i could do this myself as well.. i wanted a place where i could share my interest in fashion with others. Also, i received the news that i have a braintumor somewhere around that time and i wanted to keep a diary in some way.. as i suck at keeping a normal diary i figured blogging was the perfect way for me.

What do you like most about blogging?
I love how ‘real’ it is.. it’s just a bunch of girls sharing their interest with each other. Instead of getting inspiration from magazines and celebrities you can now get inspired by girls that are basicly just like you, it all feels very reachable if you know what i mean. You see one girl wearing something you like on her blog and you can just go and pick the same think up.

Do you see yourself as a famous blogger?
Haha no i don’t. When i was young and naive i used to think my blog was quite famous but i don’t anymore.. i mean there are SO many blogs out there right now. But i’m happy with the moderate attention my blog get’s right now, i think i have a lovely bunch of faithfull followers and that’s all i could ever ask for.

Do you read all your comments?
Yes! I do realize that i don’t always answer all of the questions i get as i am very forgetfull.. sorry for that!

What do you think about dutch people’s style?
I don’t really think to much about it. The average teenage girl style (aka the army of ugg wearing girls) is pretty boring if you ask me.. but i understand that most girls just want to fit in and look ‘normal’. I do think that more and more girls start to experiment with their styles and i’m very happy to see that. Ofcourse their are a lot of great looking dutchies, but if i look at the ‘average’ dutch teenager i’d say their style is safe and boring.

How tall are you?
Around 1.68, which is quite small for a dutchie!

Why do you travel so much?
My parents love to travel (and so do i), and as they go to so many wonderful places it would almost be rude to pass up such oppertunities, so i go along with them most of the time. I’m not sure how to correctly say this, but i’m blessed to be part of a family that is quite fortunate money-wise. I hate to use the word rich.. as i don’t think we are, but i do think i am very lucky with the position i am in and will never take it for granted.

Do you have a job?
Nope, i don’t have time because of school. I don’t know if selling my ‘old’ clothes is considered a job?

Where would you like to live if you could choose?
That is such a hard question! I think i’d choose to live in London or San Fransisco.. but Paris would be wonderful to and i’d love to try Tokyo as well. So.. i simply don’t know.

Can you show us a picture of your apartment/room?
It’s not quite finished, but i will show you when it’s done.

Are you going to start your closet abc’s again?
I am thinking of starting a youtube channel to accompany my blog, so i might, yes!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I really enjoyed in reading this post. I woke up my brain as if like I want all those information stored on my mind. It’s really interesting. I like it, thanks a lot for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik heb ook een vraagje niet echt wat je hier wilt plaatsen, maargoed. Ik had op EG een topic gemaakt over adverteren voor een zonnenbrillen merk via internet. Het jij dit wel of niet gedaan? Want vandaag kreeg ik weer een mailtje en ik weet niet goed of ik het wel of niet moet doen. Ik hoop dat je even wilt antwoorden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat leuk om te lezen dat je Lifestyle&design studeert aan het WDKA! Ik wil daar ook graag heen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heel erg leuk om te lezen, maar ik las over een hersentumor/niks ernstigs hoop ik?
    Verder lijkt het me ook heel erg leuk om een opleiding als lifestyle&design te doen, maar ik heb geen idee of dat bij me past... naja volgend jaar zijn er opendagen en dan kan ik er altijd een kijkje nemen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superleuk om te lezen!
    De bril die je draagt op de foto is echt superleuk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik ben al een tijdje je blog aan het volgen en ik ben een fan, vooral ook omdat je lekker bescheiden blijf :)
    Misschien dat je wat van je studie kan laten zien? Ik ben erg benieuwd!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo! Ik wil ook heel graag Lifestyle&Design gaan doen op WDKA, maar ik zit een beetje heel erg te twijfelen wat ik in mijn portfolio ga doen.. Wat heb jij er in gedaan?

    ReplyDelete